Whether you’re looking for a new snack to make for the big game, or are having friends over for a fall party, there is something about a warm, comforting appetizer, that we can’t resist. While we love our cold dips here (hello! that’s all we make) we highly recommend baking a one too.
This ooey gooey cheese dip is made with handful of simple ingredients and is packed with protein thanks to the secret ingredient…hummus! So you can feel guilt free as you go back for your second and third scoop. This baked cheese dip base would be great of a lot of mix-ins, but we opted for baby spinach, kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes. With all the flavor, this will quickly become your go to dip for parties!
Yields: 6-8 Servings
- 1 container Blue Moose of Boulder Organic Original Hummus
- 1 heaping cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons diced sundried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley to top
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease an 8x5 casserole dish (or similar size).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together hummus, spinach, olives, and tomatoes.
- Spread evenly into the casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil for 1-3 minutes until bubbly and browned. Watch closely, as it will burn quickly.
- Top with parsley and serve with desired accompaniments.