Tacos are great anytime a year, but become a favorite on our dinner rotation during the Spring and Summer. We cannot get enough of all of these vibrant and flavorful fresh veggies. This recipe takes about 30 minutes from beginning to end. Bonus: it can be served as full tacos for dinner or little tostadas bites for an appetizer!
If you’ve never had hummus baked chicken, you’re in for a treat. This recipe calls for marinating the chicken and coating it in our Organic Lime & Black Bean Hummus. When the chicken tenders bake in the oven, the hummus crisps up – which adds a deliciously crunchy texture to every bite of your taco. The topping options are endless, so feel free to get creative with shredded kale, grilled corn, pickled onions, avocado and of course our salsa!
Yields: 8-10 Tacos
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound, boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup Blue Moose Organic Lime & Black Bean Hummus
- 8-10 medium-sized corn or flour tortillas
- Taco toppings: additional hummus, pickled onions, jalapeños, cilantro, shredded kale, shredded cabbage, roasted corn, limes, Blue Moose Salsa, avocado or guacamole.
- In a large storage container whisk together the lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the raw chicken tenders in the container, seal with a leak proof lid, and turn the container over a few times to coat the chicken.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 4 hours. Flip a few times while marinating.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with foil (to catch the chicken juices). Place a metal cooling rack on the foil and brush or spray lightly with oil.
- Space the chicken out in a single later on the rack. Then coat each marinated tender with 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of hummus.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (cut into the thickest piece to check for doneness).
- While chicken is baking you should slice, dice and prepare all of the taco toppings! In the last few minutes of bake time, gently heat the tortillas (over a low gas flame on the stovetop for a minute on each side – watch very closely to ensure they don’t burn).
- Once chicken is done, slice and prepare your tacos. Top a warmed tortilla with hummus, add the sliced chicken and whatever toppings you desire!