You can never have too many easy appetizers and these wonton cups are exactly that! If you haven’t worked with wonton wrappers before, they are so versatile and the flaky, crunchy, texture pairs well with just about any mix of ingredients. You’ll love popping these one-bite wonton cups, plus no utensils are required which is a must for our party apps.
In this recipe we decided to play off of the southwest flavors of our Organic Green Chile Hummus and created a Mexican style bite. The fresh and creamy combination of bell peppers, corn and beans makes for a perfect appetizer to enjoy on one of the last few summer nights or upcoming fall game days.
Yields 12-16 bites
- 12-16 wonton wrappers
- 1 container Blue Moose of Boulder Organic Green Chile Hummus
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh corn, thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup cooked black beans, rinsed
- toppings: diced red onion, cilantro or green onions, queso fresco or feta
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Gently press 1 won ton wrapper into a non-stick standard muffin pan to create a cup shape. Repeat with remaining won tons. (Use cooking spray if pan tends to stick.)
- Bake for about 7 minutes until golden brown. Watch closely.
- Remove and let fully cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir hummus with the pepper, corn, and black beans.
- Scoop a tablespoon (or so) sized dollop into each cooled won ton cup.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.