Does it get much better than quesadillas? Ooey gooey cheese, crispy tortilla and all the toppings…! They’ve been our go to since we were kids, whether it’s an easy weeknight dinner or game day snack.
The flavor possibilities are endless with quesadillas and in this recipe we added a secret ingredient, our Organic Lime & Black Bean Hummus. The hummus adds creaminess and fresh citrus flavor, which balances out the hearty kale and rich black beans. While we opted for a no fuss dilla, but you can take this recipe to the next level with grilled chicken or roasted veggies!
Pro tip: swap a little butter for the oil in your skillet to make the tortilla extra crispy!
Yields: 1 Quesadilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cooking oil of your choice (avocado, coconut, evoo)
- 2, 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup Blue Moose Organic Lime & Black Bean Hummus
- 2-3 tablespoons cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cooked chopped kale
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- toppings: Blue Moose Salsa, green onion, sour cream, avocado or guacamole
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat with about 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Spread the hummus thoroughly on 1 tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese, then add black beans and kale on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese (or a little more) and top with second tortilla.
- Place on the preheated skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Cut and serve with desired toppings.